Nailsea street fair this Friday
NAILSEA’S town centre will be a hive of festive activity on Friday evening when the town’s annual street fair is put on.
The Nailsea Traditional Christmas Street Fair will run from 5.30pm when it is opened by Iceland mum Ellie Taylor in Somerset Square and will include entertainment for all the family.
Live music from a number of bands will be performed on two stages, circus skills will be demonstrated by street performers, a carol sing-along will be held on the village green and numerous dance and musical groups will perform throughout the evening.
At Clevedon Road Car Park, a fun fair will be put on and smaller rides will be placed in High Street.
There will be 57 stalls selling a huge range of gifts, delicacies, crafts and much more as well as stalls promoting the work and activities of local groups and charities.
You may also want to watch:
This will include the Nailsea Community Skate Festival team, who will be showcasing a DVD from this year’s event.
During the evening, some town centre shops will also be opening late and for those feeling lucky, a grand draw with a number of impressive prizes will be held.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
These include a flat screen TV, luxury Waitrose hamper and a �100 Halfords bike voucher courtesy of Westcoast Properties,
A number of other businesses in Nailsea have also given prizes including a party at Gemini Gym Club for 25 worth �95, a �50 Kellaway voucher and vouchers for treatments at hair salons Arcadia and SP Hair.