Nailsea street fair this Friday
NAILSEA’S town centre will be a hive of festive activity on Friday evening when the town’s annual street fair is put on.
The Nailsea Traditional Christmas Street Fair will run from 5.30pm when it is opened by Iceland mum Ellie Taylor in Somerset Square and will include entertainment for all the family.
Live music from a number of bands will be performed on two stages, circus skills will be demonstrated by street performers, a carol sing-along will be held on the village green and numerous dance and musical groups will perform throughout the evening.
At Clevedon Road Car Park, a fun fair will be put on and smaller rides will be placed in High Street.
There will be 57 stalls selling a huge range of gifts, delicacies, crafts and much more as well as stalls promoting the work and activities of local groups and charities.
You may also want to watch:
This will include the Nailsea Community Skate Festival team, who will be showcasing a DVD from this year’s event.
During the evening, some town centre shops will also be opening late and for those feeling lucky, a grand draw with a number of impressive prizes will be held.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 4 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery
These include a flat screen TV, luxury Waitrose hamper and a �100 Halfords bike voucher courtesy of Westcoast Properties,
A number of other businesses in Nailsea have also given prizes including a party at Gemini Gym Club for 25 worth �95, a �50 Kellaway voucher and vouchers for treatments at hair salons Arcadia and SP Hair.