Nailsea scout meets Bear Grylls
A NAILSEA explorer scout was one of four lucky scouts chosen to escort serial adventurer and chief scout Bear Grylls around Ashton Court.
As part of a nationwide tour to celebrate local scouting, Bear Grylls chose to visit Ashton Court in Bristol for the bear hunt jamboree.
The adventurer saw hundreds of scouts taking part in a range of activities including music and dance workshops, circus skills, water zorbs, crazy golf, crazy bikes and trampolining.
Abby Bolton, who is a member of the Triple X Explorer Scout Unit in Nailsea, was chosen to escort Bear round the site. She said: “It was great to meet Bear as he’s such a huge inspiration for me. Scouting’s all about adventure, so there’s nothing better than having someone like Bear join in. “I love being a scout – it’s built up my confidence, helped me make loads of new friends, expanded my horizons and allowed me to try so many brilliant things I would otherwise have never been able to do.”
The Gordano Scout District has more than 1,400 members, but organisers are in desperate need of more volunteers to enable more youngsters to join groups.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in getting involved can visit www.gordanoscouting.co.uk
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 5 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 9 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 10 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West