Nailsea scout meets Bear Grylls
A NAILSEA explorer scout was one of four lucky scouts chosen to escort serial adventurer and chief scout Bear Grylls around Ashton Court.
As part of a nationwide tour to celebrate local scouting, Bear Grylls chose to visit Ashton Court in Bristol for the bear hunt jamboree.
The adventurer saw hundreds of scouts taking part in a range of activities including music and dance workshops, circus skills, water zorbs, crazy golf, crazy bikes and trampolining.
Abby Bolton, who is a member of the Triple X Explorer Scout Unit in Nailsea, was chosen to escort Bear round the site. She said: “It was great to meet Bear as he’s such a huge inspiration for me. Scouting’s all about adventure, so there’s nothing better than having someone like Bear join in. “I love being a scout – it’s built up my confidence, helped me make loads of new friends, expanded my horizons and allowed me to try so many brilliant things I would otherwise have never been able to do.”
The Gordano Scout District has more than 1,400 members, but organisers are in desperate need of more volunteers to enable more youngsters to join groups.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in getting involved can visit www.gordanoscouting.co.uk
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 5 Special school expansion progress
- 6 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 7 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 8 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week
- 9 Families enjoy Easter donkey tale trail at church
- 10 Portishead coach firm launches post-lockdown getaways this summer