Nailsea scout meets Bear Grylls
A NAILSEA explorer scout was one of four lucky scouts chosen to escort serial adventurer and chief scout Bear Grylls around Ashton Court.
As part of a nationwide tour to celebrate local scouting, Bear Grylls chose to visit Ashton Court in Bristol for the bear hunt jamboree.
The adventurer saw hundreds of scouts taking part in a range of activities including music and dance workshops, circus skills, water zorbs, crazy golf, crazy bikes and trampolining.
Abby Bolton, who is a member of the Triple X Explorer Scout Unit in Nailsea, was chosen to escort Bear round the site. She said: “It was great to meet Bear as he’s such a huge inspiration for me. Scouting’s all about adventure, so there’s nothing better than having someone like Bear join in. “I love being a scout – it’s built up my confidence, helped me make loads of new friends, expanded my horizons and allowed me to try so many brilliant things I would otherwise have never been able to do.”
The Gordano Scout District has more than 1,400 members, but organisers are in desperate need of more volunteers to enable more youngsters to join groups.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in getting involved can visit www.gordanoscouting.co.uk
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Camera club wants new members to join
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 7 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel