Nailsea pumpkin trail taking place during half-term
- Credit: Archant
A pumpkin trail will take place around Nailsea this week.
Nailsea Community Group and Nailsea Active have announce its pumpkin trail called pumpkins go to the movies.
Local resident Helen Morgan approached the groups with the idea and has been instrumental in helping them organise and manage the event, which has challenged people and shops to recreate their favourite film, as a pumpkin or window decoration.
There are 117 pumpkins and decorations around Nailsea and the surrounding area with films from Toy Story, Minions, Peter Pan, Frozen and many more.
The trail runs during half-term until Saturday and all participants are asked to keep a safe distance from others while taking part and follow coronavirus guidelines.
You may also want to watch:
Trail maps can be downloaded from Nailsea Community Group Facebook page or drop into 26 Somerset Square to pick up a map.
Once you have spotted all the pumpkins you can use the map to vote for your favourite pumpkin. The most popular pumpkin will be announced after the trail has finished and will win a prize from the Nailsea Community Group.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 5 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 6 Shop Local: ‘Huge impact’ on independent home décor business after second lockdown hits
- 7 Further delays for rail project
- 8 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 9 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 10 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis