Nailsea Musicals seeks fresh talent for new production
- Credit: Nailsea Muscials
Nailsea Musicals is looking for cast members to join its new show, The Producers.
The film adaptation will be performed at the Scotch Horn Leisure Centre in November.
The 1969 motion picture, written and directed by Mel Brooks, follows the escapades of two hapless producers as they realise they could make more money with a flop stage show than a smash-hit, sell-out show.
The film is an American satirical black comedy which stars famous actors Zero Mostel, Gene Wilder, Dick Shawn and Kenneth Mars.
The production was Brooks's directorial debut and he won an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay.
You may also want to watch:
Nailsea Musicals will hold a launch night for cast members on February 5 at Nailsea's Mizzymead Recreation Centre, in Mizzymead Rise, on Wednesday at 7.30pm.
To join the club, email firstname.lastname@example.org or turn up at the launch night.
- 1 No deaths from coronavirus in one area of North Somerset
- 2 Council's Clevedon offices could be redeveloped
- 3 Care home staff ensure Portishead couple enjoy romantic meal in lockdown
- 4 Clevedon Co-op to close temporarily
- 5 Charity available to help villagers during coronavirus crisis
- 6 Controlled explosion carried out at nature reserve
- 7 Council tax to increase for 'most exciting council budget in 18 years'
- 8 Portishead residents facing skyrocketing costs due to unsafe cladding
- 9 Financial support extended for North Somerset businesses
- 10 Council to focus on making community 'better and stronger' post Covid