Nailsea Musicals seeks fresh talent for new production
- Credit: Nailsea Muscials
Nailsea Musicals is looking for cast members to join its new show, The Producers.
The film adaptation will be performed at the Scotch Horn Leisure Centre in November.
The 1969 motion picture, written and directed by Mel Brooks, follows the escapades of two hapless producers as they realise they could make more money with a flop stage show than a smash-hit, sell-out show.
The film is an American satirical black comedy which stars famous actors Zero Mostel, Gene Wilder, Dick Shawn and Kenneth Mars.
The production was Brooks's directorial debut and he won an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay.
You may also want to watch:
Nailsea Musicals will hold a launch night for cast members on February 5 at Nailsea's Mizzymead Recreation Centre, in Mizzymead Rise, on Wednesday at 7.30pm.
To join the club, email email@example.com or turn up at the launch night.
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 3 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 4 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 7 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 8 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 9 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 10 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset