Giant poppy appeal raises hundreds for veterans
- Credit: Wendy Mobbs
A poppy appeal in Nailsea has raised £850 for the Royal British Legion.
Nailsea in Bloom gave people the chance to sponsor giant poppies which were put on display in flower beds around the town.
Those who sponsored a poppy could write the names of up to four people on each flower in memory of a loved one.
Nailsea in Bloom is 'thrilled' at the appeal's success, which raised around £300 more than last year's fundraiser.
Wendy Mobbs, from Nailsea in Bloom, said: "We would like to thank people for supporting us in this appeal.
"We are thrilled to have raised £850 around £300 more than last year.
"I’m sure you will all agree the flower beds look great with them in, and if anyone would like the poppy they sponsored, get in touch with me
at wendy.mobbs@ outlook.com."
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Portishead Town set up Community Christmas Cheer to help local town
- 6 Brand new five-bedroom family home in AONB
- 7 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 8 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 9 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 10 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus