Nailsea Girls Brigade turns 21
FORMER Girls’ Brigade members are being sought for an invitation to join a group’s 21st birthday celebration on January 14.
It is hoped many of the 300 past and present members of the 1st Nailsea Company,
including officers and helpers, will attend a special service at Nailsea Methodist Church, in Silver Street, at 3.30pm.
There will also be a reunion and rededication, followed by tea and a barn dance.
Brigade Lieutenant Corinne Day said: “We are looking forward to our special day and we hope that as many former members as possible will return for the reunion.”
You may also want to watch:
Brigaders living as far afield as Australia and New Zealand have contacted organisers to wish the event success, as well as one in France.
And former members will be travelling from London, Devon and Norfolk to attend.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 6 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 7 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 8 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 9 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
The Girls’ Brigade is a Christian organisation, but girls of any faith, ages five and up, can join.
Activities including crafts, cooking, art, singing, and games are enjoyed during meetings at the church every Tuesday evening, from 6-7.30pm.
Further information about the reunion can be obtained by contacting Corinne Day on 01275 858371 or Mary Thomas on 01275 855152.