Nailsea Girls Brigade turns 21
FORMER Girls’ Brigade members are being sought for an invitation to join a group’s 21st birthday celebration on January 14.
It is hoped many of the 300 past and present members of the 1st Nailsea Company,
including officers and helpers, will attend a special service at Nailsea Methodist Church, in Silver Street, at 3.30pm.
There will also be a reunion and rededication, followed by tea and a barn dance.
Brigade Lieutenant Corinne Day said: “We are looking forward to our special day and we hope that as many former members as possible will return for the reunion.”
Brigaders living as far afield as Australia and New Zealand have contacted organisers to wish the event success, as well as one in France.
And former members will be travelling from London, Devon and Norfolk to attend.
- 1 More than 20 people fined for discarding fags and off-lead dogs
- 2 Woman dies after collision in Clevedon
- 3 Petition launched to halt planned bus cuts in North Somerset
- 4 Councillors hit back at proposed bus cuts in North Somerset
- 5 Cost of living crisis: What to do if you can't pay your bills
- 6 'Extreme heat' warning issued for Somerset
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Pictures: Clevedon care home celebrates summer fete
- 9 Deal means Portishead to Bristol rail line will open in 2026
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
The Girls’ Brigade is a Christian organisation, but girls of any faith, ages five and up, can join.
Activities including crafts, cooking, art, singing, and games are enjoyed during meetings at the church every Tuesday evening, from 6-7.30pm.
Further information about the reunion can be obtained by contacting Corinne Day on 01275 858371 or Mary Thomas on 01275 855152.