PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- Credit: Mark Atherton
A town's farmers market celebrated a successful first year of trading.
To mark a triumphant 12 months, Nailsea Farmers Market hosted a birthday party on Saturday in the High Street, with 40 stalls and live entertainment from Dennis Demille.
A bumper birthday line-up saw producers such as Fussels Fine Foods, Nutts Scotch Eggs and Nailsea Country Markets serving hungry customers.
Arts and crafts stalls were hosted by Bristol Woodturning, Clevedon Bag Company, Dragonfly Jewellery, Granny Bear Crafts and more.
An event spokesman said: "Thank you to all of our customers who have come each month, in often torrential rain, to show your support for this very special farmers market.
"Made up of market gardeners, farmers, beekeepers, cheesemakers, mushroom growers, cider makers brewers, bakers and crafters, we have created a monthly destination for the town and surrounding area whilst supporting local food producers and craftspeople.
"Thanks for your support and loyalty over the past 12 months."
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Council urges North Somerset to follow Omicron rules
- 3 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 4 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 5 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 6 PICTURES: Mum and daughter launch 'buzzing' Christmas market
- 7 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 8 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 9 Clevedon Town to play Brxiham after Tavistock thrown out of FA Vase
- 10 Nightclub conversion approved