Nailsea dad’s charity cycle
Nailsea man cycles from Wales to Norwich to raise money for two charities
A DEVOTED dad from Nailsea has cycled from Wales to Norwich to support his two daughters.
Ian Tallamy, aged 46, took on the mammoth ride from Aberystwyth to raise money for the Association of Youth with ME (AYME) as his 20-year-old daughter Sarah-Louise has suffered from the debilitating condition since she was 11.
Ian said: “AYME has been a source of support through the very difficult days when our daughter was first diagnosed with the illness and was unable to attend school and lead a normal teenage life.”
Ian is also raising money to support Nailsea Baptist Church’s mission trip to Malawi which his daughter Abigail is going on. The money Ian raises will pay for blankets and school and nursery supplies for the local people.
You may also want to watch:
The dad-of-three has been training for the past six months and during his early sessions his son Daniel accompanied him on his rides.
The ride was organised by Smith News in Swindon, where Ian works. After completing his coast to coast cycle, Ian has so far raised �1,880 for AYME and �838 for the church mission trip.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
Any further donation can be given to AYME at www.justgiving.com/iantallamy or the church Malawi appeal at www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/nbcmalawi