Nailsea dad’s charity cycle
Nailsea man cycles from Wales to Norwich to raise money for two charities
A DEVOTED dad from Nailsea has cycled from Wales to Norwich to support his two daughters.
Ian Tallamy, aged 46, took on the mammoth ride from Aberystwyth to raise money for the Association of Youth with ME (AYME) as his 20-year-old daughter Sarah-Louise has suffered from the debilitating condition since she was 11.
Ian said: “AYME has been a source of support through the very difficult days when our daughter was first diagnosed with the illness and was unable to attend school and lead a normal teenage life.”
Ian is also raising money to support Nailsea Baptist Church’s mission trip to Malawi which his daughter Abigail is going on. The money Ian raises will pay for blankets and school and nursery supplies for the local people.
You may also want to watch:
The dad-of-three has been training for the past six months and during his early sessions his son Daniel accompanied him on his rides.
The ride was organised by Smith News in Swindon, where Ian works. After completing his coast to coast cycle, Ian has so far raised �1,880 for AYME and �838 for the church mission trip.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon
Any further donation can be given to AYME at www.justgiving.com/iantallamy or the church Malawi appeal at www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/nbcmalawi