Nailsea couple raise �4,100 for charity
A NAILSEA couple would like to thank their family, friends and group members for helping them to raise more than �4,100 for charity.
Maggie and Iain Holland have put on a number of fund-raising events since 2005 to raise cash for the North West Somerset branch of Parkinson’s UK.
The branch, which Maggie and Iain belong to, has 170 members and welcomes anyone in the area who has been diagnosed with the condition as well as their family and friends.
Members meet on the second Saturday of each month in Nailsea and also put on a variety of events and outings during the year.
Maggie said: “Our aim is that no-one with Parkinson’s should suffer alone. As our present committee members either suffer from Parkinson’s or are carers, we are appealing for more volunteers to join us, no matter how little you can help we would love to meet you.”
You may also want to watch:
For details contact Maggie on 01275 855573.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 3 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Green light for active travel scheme
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 9 Charming period house with pretty gardens and coastal views
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week