Nailsea couple raise �4,100 for charity
A NAILSEA couple would like to thank their family, friends and group members for helping them to raise more than �4,100 for charity.
Maggie and Iain Holland have put on a number of fund-raising events since 2005 to raise cash for the North West Somerset branch of Parkinson’s UK.
The branch, which Maggie and Iain belong to, has 170 members and welcomes anyone in the area who has been diagnosed with the condition as well as their family and friends.
Members meet on the second Saturday of each month in Nailsea and also put on a variety of events and outings during the year.
Maggie said: “Our aim is that no-one with Parkinson’s should suffer alone. As our present committee members either suffer from Parkinson’s or are carers, we are appealing for more volunteers to join us, no matter how little you can help we would love to meet you.”
For details contact Maggie on 01275 855573.
- 1 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 2 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 3 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 4 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 5 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 6 Lovell's heroics ensure Clevedon Town pick up draw with Ilfracombe Town
- 7 Man to run half marathon for cancer charity
- 8 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 9 How Somerset's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam