Nailsea couple raise �4,100 for charity
A NAILSEA couple would like to thank their family, friends and group members for helping them to raise more than �4,100 for charity.
Maggie and Iain Holland have put on a number of fund-raising events since 2005 to raise cash for the North West Somerset branch of Parkinson’s UK.
The branch, which Maggie and Iain belong to, has 170 members and welcomes anyone in the area who has been diagnosed with the condition as well as their family and friends.
Members meet on the second Saturday of each month in Nailsea and also put on a variety of events and outings during the year.
Maggie said: “Our aim is that no-one with Parkinson’s should suffer alone. As our present committee members either suffer from Parkinson’s or are carers, we are appealing for more volunteers to join us, no matter how little you can help we would love to meet you.”
You may also want to watch:
For details contact Maggie on 01275 855573.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 4 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 8 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style