There With You: Council funds transport charity and Foodbank
- Credit: Archant
Councillors in Nailsea have agreed to allocate up to £70,000 to support the effort to provide food and medicine to vulnerable people in the community.
The funding will be given to Nailsea and District Community Transport (NDCT) and the Foodbank – it will be given out as and when it is needed.
More: Nailsea support group to help people in need during pandemic.
Nailsea Town Council approved the substantial funding package at an emergency council meeting.
Cllr Ben Kushner said: “NDCT is doing a fantastic job delivering prescriptions and emergency food to residents who are unable to leave their homes.
You may also want to watch:
“Nailsea Town Council will also be providing funding for the Foodbank set up at Number 65 High St, which is being run by the awesome volunteers of the Nailsea Covid-19 action group.”
The council would also like to thank Waitrose in Nailsea for its support and contribution to the Foodbank.
- 1 No deaths from coronavirus in one area of North Somerset
- 2 Council's Clevedon offices could be redeveloped
- 3 Care home staff ensure Portishead couple enjoy romantic meal in lockdown
- 4 Clevedon Co-op to close temporarily
- 5 Charity available to help villagers during coronavirus crisis
- 6 Controlled explosion carried out at nature reserve
- 7 Council tax to increase for 'most exciting council budget in 18 years'
- 8 Portishead residents facing skyrocketing costs due to unsafe cladding
- 9 Financial support extended for North Somerset businesses
- 10 Council to focus on making community 'better and stronger' post Covid