NA11 SEA for sale
A PROUD Nailsea resident could soon be driving around advertising their devotion to the town after the personalised number plate NA11 SEA went on sale.
A businessman is selling the unusual item for a cool �4,373, after winning it in a poker game.
Home improvement company magnate Nick Fellone, aged 45 of Staffordshire, won the plate at the Dusk to Dawn casino in Nottingham.
A fellow gambler put the plate in the kitty after running out of cash and after doing an internet search to check there was a town of that name, Nick accepted a retention certificate as part of his winnings.
He said: “The other player was losing quite a bit so I thought why not?
You may also want to watch:
“I had to do a quick check because I had never heard of Nailsea.
“I thought it might appeal to a company director or someone who lives in the town and is proud of their heritage.”
- 1 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 2 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 3 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 4 Nailsea & Backwell under-16s get better of Weston on return to rugby
- 5 Business expansion plans get the go-ahead at Royal Portbury Dock
- 6 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 7 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 8 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 9 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 10 Portishead Open Air Pool to reopen on Friday
The prize money at the Midlands casino can be more than �250,000 but Nick was not disappointed to walk away with the Nailsea registration number.
The married father-of-one added: “I like personalised plates.
“I bought NTF 24 more than 21 years ago for �1,500 which is on my Lexus 270 and I have another which reflects my love of poker PO11 KER for my Mercedes.
“If I was from Nailsea and was proud to live there I would definitely keep the plate for myself.”
Interested parties can buy the trophy from The Plate Market.