NA11 SEA for sale
A PROUD Nailsea resident could soon be driving around advertising their devotion to the town after the personalised number plate NA11 SEA went on sale.
A businessman is selling the unusual item for a cool �4,373, after winning it in a poker game.
Home improvement company magnate Nick Fellone, aged 45 of Staffordshire, won the plate at the Dusk to Dawn casino in Nottingham.
A fellow gambler put the plate in the kitty after running out of cash and after doing an internet search to check there was a town of that name, Nick accepted a retention certificate as part of his winnings.
He said: “The other player was losing quite a bit so I thought why not?
You may also want to watch:
“I had to do a quick check because I had never heard of Nailsea.
“I thought it might appeal to a company director or someone who lives in the town and is proud of their heritage.”
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 3 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 4 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 5 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 6 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 7 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 8 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 9 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 10 Clevedon to celebrate National Poetry Day
The prize money at the Midlands casino can be more than �250,000 but Nick was not disappointed to walk away with the Nailsea registration number.
The married father-of-one added: “I like personalised plates.
“I bought NTF 24 more than 21 years ago for �1,500 which is on my Lexus 270 and I have another which reflects my love of poker PO11 KER for my Mercedes.
“If I was from Nailsea and was proud to live there I would definitely keep the plate for myself.”
Interested parties can buy the trophy from The Plate Market.