Musician’s debut album
- Credit: Archant
MUSICAL talent continues to emerge from Portishead.
Solo singer Joe Perkins releases his debut album, A Host of Other Artists, as an all-free download on February 11.
It will be available through his website www.joeperkins.co.uk as will his preceding single, Flying High, which is due to be released on February 4.
Joe, aged 23, who lives in Port Marine, studied classical piano from an early age and quickly began to recognise his love for making music.
However, it was only after swapping the ivories for six strings in 2002 that his full potential was realised.
You may also want to watch:
Taking the transition in his stride and quickly finding his fingers on the electric guitar, he went from strength to strength and within 18 months was performing classic rock songs in school shows to great recognition.
Joe has come a long way since then. Recognising the need to develop his song writing and production skills, he enrolled at the acclaimed Platform One College of Music, graduating with a first-class BA (Hons) degree in Commercial Music before going on to feature at festivals and in concerts in UK and Europe.
- 1 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 2 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe
- 3 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 4 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 New bike shelter opened at Weston General Hospital for Clean Air Day
- 7 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 8 Portishead Summer Show announces 2021 dates
- 9 Circus Funtasia comes to Clevedon
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
From a diversely-talented individual with a burning passion for all aspects of the creative process and a penchant for musical variety, Joe’s album features 12 different emerging lead vocalists, including Portishead vocalist Hannah Griffiths.
Taking inspiration primarily from rock music and the guitar heroes of the last 40 years, Joe has written all the songs on the album and also provides guitar, bass, keyboards, percussion and backing vocals.