Mum’s thanks after son’s accident
A MUM from Pill has said a heartfelt thank you to the people who came to her son’s aid after he stepped out in front of a car while walking to school.
Jill Mortlock was walking to Crockerne Primary School with her sons Adam, Ben and Henry when five-year-old Adam stepped into the road and collided with a car in Westward Drive.
He was taken to Bristol Children’s Hospital by ambulance where it was confirmed he had broken his leg in two places.
Many parents were also walking to school during the morning of October 14 and went to Adam’s aid, along with many of the school’s staff members.
Jill, of Park Walk, said: “I wanted to say thank you to all of the staff at the school and all the other parents that helped that morning. Thank you also to everyone for their kind messages wishing Adam well.
You may also want to watch:
“The paramedics were also really great.”
Since the accident, Adam has undergone two operations on his leg, which has had pins and plates put in it to help it heal, and is due to have another operation on Friday.
- 1 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 5 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 6 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 7 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 8 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 9 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 10 Clevedon return to top of WEPL table with win over Lansdown
He is currently using a wheelchair and it could be a while until he is fully recovered and can return to school.