Mum’s story for children’s charity
A PORTISHEAD mum has written a bedtime story published in a book aimed at raising money for charity.
Former early years consultant, Rachel McClary of Denny View, is one of 17 parent bloggers in the UK who have taken up the challenge to write a story beginning with ‘once upon a time’.
Rachel’s story addresses the common childhood fear of being afraid of the dark and is based on a story she told her second daughter, Rowena, to allay her worries about bad dreams. The 40-year-old’s eldest daughter Erin, aged 7, has illustrated the story.
Rachel, who started blogging a year ago, writes the popular early education and parenting blog, rightfromthestart.wordpress.com and also contributes to the parenting site Netmums.
All profits from Once Upon a Time will be donated to Save the Children.
You may also want to watch:
Rachel said: “This is our gift to children from around the world, beautiful stories with illustrations by our own children, making it a perfect bedtime story book.
“We hope it will raise lots of money for children born with the challenge to survive and help them to write a better story of their life.”
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 6 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 8 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport
The book entitled Once Upon a Time is available from the bookstore at www.blurb.com