North Somerset mum to compete in Miss Classic British Isles
- Credit: Jane Mason
A mum of two from Congresbury will represent North Somerset in the final of a UK modelling contest.
Miss Somerset, Jane Mason will compete against 49 other contestants in the Classic Miss British Isles competition, with the winner securing a modelling contract.
Mrs Mason currently works as a bookkeeper but hopes to take advantage of this platform.
She told the Mercury and Times: "I am extremely excited to have gotten into the final.
"I feel that this is a great opportunity to kickstart my career in modelling.
"It would be wonderful to win as it would fulfil my ambition to do something I love."
Finalists will take part in a professional photoshoot prior to the final before performing a catwalk show at the final which will be judged.
- 1 'Red herrings' need to be ignored for Portishead Railway scheme
- 2 'I walked into a full-blown argument': Estate agent considering valuation charge for DIVORCING COUPLES
- 3 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 4 Festival date change due to Queen's platinum jubilee celebrations
- 5 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 6 Meet Clevedon's newest children's author
- 7 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 8 Wurzels return to Cadbury House for pre-Christmas West Country knees up
- 9 Art gallery to host 'Clevedon artist of the year'
- 10 Portishead Players ready for Christmas show
The winner will be announced later that day on September 2.