MS cycle challenge
A FATHER and daughter from Pill will cycle for more than 1,100 miles to raise money for a charity close to their hearts.
Bob and Jenni Buck will pedal from Land’s End to John O’Groats to collect cash for the West of England MS Therapy Centre, setting off on June 14 and arriving on July 1.
On June 6, they will reach North Somerset and plan to be at the Strawberry Line Caf� in Yatton at 3.15pm and at the King’s Arms pub in Easton-in-Gordano at 5.30pm.
Jenni, aged 45, was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS) 13 years ago and has received help and treatment from the Bradley Stoke centre.
It costs �8,600 per week to run and is reliant on donations and public support. It offers a wide range of services to those with MS and Jenni regularly takes advantage of the high-pressure oxygen treatment, which relieves symptoms of the neurological condition.
You may also want to watch:
In 2009, Bob and Jenni cycled from Pill to Padstow, raising �7,000 for the charity. This year they hope to exceed the �10,000 mark and have already collected �4,000 by holding fundraising events and even collecting donations while out training.
Bob, aged 65 of Heywood Terrace, said: “It is great when people give us encouragement. It is going to be a challenge but it is also exciting.
- 1 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 2 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 3 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 4 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 5 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 6 Duck race raises £1,000 for children's hospice
- 7 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 8 Nailsea pupils enjoy forest school sessions
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 WIN: Tickets to Andre Rieu concert screening at cinema
“Jenni is determined to complete this challenge, which is bigger than anything either of us has ever done.
“It will undoubtedly be hard to ride so many miles for so many days but she is resolute.”
* To sponsor Bob and Jenni visit www.justgiving.com/BucksEnd2End or send a cheque payable to the West of England MS Therapy Centre Reg. Charity 801155 to c/o 6 Heywood Terrace, Pill, BS20 0EA.