MS cycle challenge
A FATHER and daughter from Pill will cycle for more than 1,100 miles to raise money for a charity close to their hearts.
Bob and Jenni Buck will pedal from Land’s End to John O’Groats to collect cash for the West of England MS Therapy Centre, setting off on June 14 and arriving on July 1.
On June 6, they will reach North Somerset and plan to be at the Strawberry Line Caf� in Yatton at 3.15pm and at the King’s Arms pub in Easton-in-Gordano at 5.30pm.
Jenni, aged 45, was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS) 13 years ago and has received help and treatment from the Bradley Stoke centre.
It costs �8,600 per week to run and is reliant on donations and public support. It offers a wide range of services to those with MS and Jenni regularly takes advantage of the high-pressure oxygen treatment, which relieves symptoms of the neurological condition.
You may also want to watch:
In 2009, Bob and Jenni cycled from Pill to Padstow, raising �7,000 for the charity. This year they hope to exceed the �10,000 mark and have already collected �4,000 by holding fundraising events and even collecting donations while out training.
Bob, aged 65 of Heywood Terrace, said: “It is great when people give us encouragement. It is going to be a challenge but it is also exciting.
- 1 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 2 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 3 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 4 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 5 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 6 PICTURES: Backwell School throws leavers festival
- 7 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 8 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 9 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
- 10 ‘You’ve been flamingoed!”
“Jenni is determined to complete this challenge, which is bigger than anything either of us has ever done.
“It will undoubtedly be hard to ride so many miles for so many days but she is resolute.”
* To sponsor Bob and Jenni visit www.justgiving.com/BucksEnd2End or send a cheque payable to the West of England MS Therapy Centre Reg. Charity 801155 to c/o 6 Heywood Terrace, Pill, BS20 0EA.