MP Fox claims �100k + in expenses
NORTH Somerset MP Dr Liam Fox claimed more than �100,000 in expenses last year.
Figures released this week by the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA) revealed he claimed �114,580.10 in expenses on top of his salary worth more than �65,000.
The majority of the money went towards the running of his constituency office in Nailsea High Street.
The IPSA was introduced in 2009 following widespread abuse of the previous system by MPs.
As well as funding his Nailsea office, Dr Fox claimed more than �4,000 in accommodation bills and nearly �1,000 in travel expenses – including two trips worth 67p and 89p to attend visits within his constituency.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Fox, who stepped down as Defence Secretary last October, claimed more money during the 2011-12 financial year than 12 months previously.
In 2010-11 he claimed �110,705.85 when he had a role in the cabinet.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 9 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 10 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic