Motorist taken to hospital after vehicle ends up on its roof
A MOTORIST was taken to hospital in the early hours of the morning with ‘serious’ injuries.
Fire and ambulance crews were called to Clevedon Road in Tickenham at about 2.50am this morning (Fri) after a car had ended up on its roof.
No other vehicles were involved.
Avon Fire and Rescue crews from Clevedon and Avonmouth had to cut the vehicle’s door off to get to the male driver, who is thought to be in his 20s.
A spokesman for Great Western Ambulance service said he had suffered ‘serious’ head and chest injuries and was taken to Frenchay Hospital in Bristol.
You may also want to watch:
However, a spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: “There is a suggestion that the injuries are not life-threatening.”
The road was closed until about 6am.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 3 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 4 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 5 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 6 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
- 7 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 8 Nailsea & Backwell RFC thrash Stothert & Pitt to make it four wins from four
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season