Motorist taken to hospital after vehicle ends up on its roof
A MOTORIST was taken to hospital in the early hours of the morning with ‘serious’ injuries.
Fire and ambulance crews were called to Clevedon Road in Tickenham at about 2.50am this morning (Fri) after a car had ended up on its roof.
No other vehicles were involved.
Avon Fire and Rescue crews from Clevedon and Avonmouth had to cut the vehicle’s door off to get to the male driver, who is thought to be in his 20s.
A spokesman for Great Western Ambulance service said he had suffered ‘serious’ head and chest injuries and was taken to Frenchay Hospital in Bristol.
You may also want to watch:
However, a spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: “There is a suggestion that the injuries are not life-threatening.”
The road was closed until about 6am.
- 1 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 2 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 3 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 4 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 5 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 6 PICTURES: Backwell School throws leavers festival
- 7 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 8 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 9 ‘You’ve been flamingoed!”
- 10 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice