More snow set to fall
- Credit: citizenside.com
MORE snow is forecast this afternoon (Fri) and the Met Office is advising people to be aware of the weather’s conditions.
There could be a further 2-4cm of snow, with 4-8cm over some higher areas, after the weather experts released a yellow warning.
Strong winds will also lead to drifting, particularly over higher level roads.
Snow is due to spread to many northern, central and eastern parts of England during the evening and is likely to clear from South West during the early hours of Saturday.
People should be aware of possible disruption on the roads.
You may also want to watch:
The yellow warning is the lowest of the Met Office’s severity categories.
- 1 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 2 Work to start on Nailsea housing development this summer
- 3 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 4 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Sprawling country house with grounds and outbuildings
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 9 North Somerset to host hot air balloon race
- 10 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset