More snow set to fall
- Credit: citizenside.com
MORE snow is forecast this afternoon (Fri) and the Met Office is advising people to be aware of the weather’s conditions.
There could be a further 2-4cm of snow, with 4-8cm over some higher areas, after the weather experts released a yellow warning.
Strong winds will also lead to drifting, particularly over higher level roads.
Snow is due to spread to many northern, central and eastern parts of England during the evening and is likely to clear from South West during the early hours of Saturday.
People should be aware of possible disruption on the roads.
You may also want to watch:
The yellow warning is the lowest of the Met Office’s severity categories.
- 1 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 2 Nailsea & Backwell RFC thrash Stothert & Pitt to make it four wins from four
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 5 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 6 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 7 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
- 10 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks