Mobile phones can raise charity cash
A MOBILE phone amnesty will be held during the festive season to raise money for a children’s charity.
Children’s Hospice South West has teamed up with the Bristol-based recycling organisation, Greensource Solutions, to run the scheme.
People are being asked to donate their old mobile phones which can be recycled in return for money.
Christmas and New Year can be an emotional time for parents of children using the charity’s facilities, which include Charlton Farm in Wraxall.
While not all families stay at the hospice over Christmas, they do have access to support and advice over the phone, 24 hours a day.
You may also want to watch:
If the hospice receives 1,000 old mobile phones they could then fund 1,000 phone calls to families from the care team.
To receive a freepost envelope for an old mobile phone email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit www.greensourcesolutions.co.uk/mobileamnesty or call CHSW on 01275 866600.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 3 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Green light for active travel scheme
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 9 Charming period house with pretty gardens and coastal views
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week