Mobile phones can raise charity cash
A MOBILE phone amnesty will be held during the festive season to raise money for a children’s charity.
Children’s Hospice South West has teamed up with the Bristol-based recycling organisation, Greensource Solutions, to run the scheme.
People are being asked to donate their old mobile phones which can be recycled in return for money.
Christmas and New Year can be an emotional time for parents of children using the charity’s facilities, which include Charlton Farm in Wraxall.
While not all families stay at the hospice over Christmas, they do have access to support and advice over the phone, 24 hours a day.
You may also want to watch:
If the hospice receives 1,000 old mobile phones they could then fund 1,000 phone calls to families from the care team.
To receive a freepost envelope for an old mobile phone email email@example.com, visit www.greensourcesolutions.co.uk/mobileamnesty or call CHSW on 01275 866600.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships