Midnight challenge for fundraising women
A WRAXALL-BASED children’s charity has issued a challenge to women to take part in a Midnight Memory Walk on September 14.
Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW), which runs Charlton Farm, has organised the seven-mile, women-only event to take place in Bristol, with the route taking in some of the city’s greatest sights.
Beginning at Ashton Gate stadium with a candle-lit ceremony including live music, walkers will set off at midnight.
Jan Berry, a nurse at Charlton Farm, said: “As a nurse working at Charlton Farm I have had the privilege of supporting many life-limited children and their families.
“A group of us from the hospice’s care team will be taking part in this year’s Midnight Memory Walk to celebrate the precious lives of all the children supported by CHSW.
You may also want to watch:
“The atmosphere on the night is truly inspiring. Whether they are walking in memory of a loved one, or simply to support a good cause, there is a very supportive and uplifting atmosphere between all the women taking part which makes it a really special experience.”
Anyone wishing to take part can register by visiting www.chsw.org.uk/memorywalks
- 1 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 2 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe
- 3 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 4 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 New bike shelter opened at Weston General Hospital for Clean Air Day
- 7 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 8 Portishead Summer Show announces 2021 dates
- 9 Circus Funtasia comes to Clevedon
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset