Midnight challenge for fundraising women
A WRAXALL-BASED children’s charity has issued a challenge to women to take part in a Midnight Memory Walk on September 14.
Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW), which runs Charlton Farm, has organised the seven-mile, women-only event to take place in Bristol, with the route taking in some of the city’s greatest sights.
Beginning at Ashton Gate stadium with a candle-lit ceremony including live music, walkers will set off at midnight.
Jan Berry, a nurse at Charlton Farm, said: “As a nurse working at Charlton Farm I have had the privilege of supporting many life-limited children and their families.
“A group of us from the hospice’s care team will be taking part in this year’s Midnight Memory Walk to celebrate the precious lives of all the children supported by CHSW.
You may also want to watch:
“The atmosphere on the night is truly inspiring. Whether they are walking in memory of a loved one, or simply to support a good cause, there is a very supportive and uplifting atmosphere between all the women taking part which makes it a really special experience.”
Anyone wishing to take part can register by visiting www.chsw.org.uk/memorywalks
- 1 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 2 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 3 'Inspiring' turnout for village's Great Big Green Day
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 6 Scholarship competition worth thousands of pounds launched to find area's next stars
- 7 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 8 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 9 Cycling club using cameras to improve safety on roads
- 10 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach