Popular Mendip Challenge fundraiser to return this year
- Credit: Archant
Weston Hospicecare has announced the return of one of its most popular fundraising events later this year.
The Mendip Challenge puts participants through their paces over 30, 20, 10 and now a five-mile route through the Mendip Hills and raised more than £85,000 for Weston Hospicecare in 2019.
The competition was postponed last year to the coronavirus pandemic but organisers are confident it will be back and better than ever this summer.
Events and challenges manager, Grace Dibden, said: “We are delighted to announce our most popular event, The Mendip Challenge, is back with a bang.
“We cannot wait to see you all take to the countryside and take on the challenge to support your hospice.”
Social distancing measures will be in place including on coaches, contactless registration and staggered start times for the five and 10-mile routes which start and finish at Weston Cricket Club.
The event will take place on June 6, for more information log on to www.westonhospicecare.org.uk/event/the-mendip-challenge
- 1 North Somerset Council determined to prevent rise in empty properties
- 2 Teenager to run 100 miles in memory of her granddad
- 3 Controlled explosion carried out at nature reserve
- 4 Portishead residents facing skyrocketing costs due to unsafe cladding
- 5 Council to focus on making community 'better and stronger' post Covid
- 6 Eco homes to be built on 'local oasis'
- 7 Charity pays tribute to 'much-loved' reverend
- 8 Clevedon Co-op to close temporarily
- 9 Coronavirus vaccinations move to next phase in North Somerset
- 10 Pill student on vaccine frontline