Memories welcomed for jubilee timeline
RESIDENTS in Clevedon and the Gordano Valley are being invited to help create a 60-year timeline to help mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
The East Clevedon United Benefice will hold a day at St Mary’s Church Hall in Castle Road, Clevedon, when people can take along memorabilia, photos and memories of local or national events held during Queen Elizabeth’s reign.
Items can be taken to the hall between 10am-4.30pm on January 28 and will be returned the same day or the next morning.
The day will be photographed so a permanent record of the timeline can be kept.
Light refreshments will be available.
You may also want to watch:
The East Clevedon United Benefice will hold a number of events throughout the jubilee year to help raise money for charity including a skittles night, silent auction and flower festival. Proceeds will go toward Andrew House in Clevedon, the dementia charity Brace and malaria nets through Christian Aid.
These will be held at its five churches in Clevedon, Weston-in-Gordano, Walton-in-Gordano or Clapton-in-Gordano.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships