Memories welcomed for jubilee timeline
RESIDENTS in Clevedon and the Gordano Valley are being invited to help create a 60-year timeline to help mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
The East Clevedon United Benefice will hold a day at St Mary’s Church Hall in Castle Road, Clevedon, when people can take along memorabilia, photos and memories of local or national events held during Queen Elizabeth’s reign.
Items can be taken to the hall between 10am-4.30pm on January 28 and will be returned the same day or the next morning.
The day will be photographed so a permanent record of the timeline can be kept.
Light refreshments will be available.
You may also want to watch:
The East Clevedon United Benefice will hold a number of events throughout the jubilee year to help raise money for charity including a skittles night, silent auction and flower festival. Proceeds will go toward Andrew House in Clevedon, the dementia charity Brace and malaria nets through Christian Aid.
These will be held at its five churches in Clevedon, Weston-in-Gordano, Walton-in-Gordano or Clapton-in-Gordano.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 3 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Green light for active travel scheme
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 9 Charming period house with pretty gardens and coastal views
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week