May fair festivities for scouts
- Credit: Jeremy Long \ JCL Photography
The wet weather failed to dampen the celebrations at Nailsea May Fair.
The event, which is organised by 2nd Nailsea Scouts, drew crowds who enjoyed live music, fairground rides, inflatables, side-shows, archery and a display from Nailsea Bikers.
Visitors were able to have a go on a Segway and view the stationary engine display before tucking into barbecued food.
Music was provided by the Twice Dailies, Nailsea Muscials, the Barley Rye Choir and Robin Schaefer and more than 100 people sold items at the car boot sale.
The scout group has raised around £4,200 from the event and organisers would like to thank everyone who attended and helped to set up the stalls.
You may also want to watch:
The money will be used to help maintain the group’s headquarters and replace old equipment.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Special school expansion progress
- 7 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 8 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK