- Credit: Archant
SCOUTS in Nailsea are busy preparing for their traditional May fair with side-shows, live music, vehicle displays and a fun fair.
The 2nd Nailsea Scouts are putting on the event in Millennium Park on May 6 with a host of entertainment for all ages.
There will be inflatables, local bands including Bombshell and the Twice Dailies, a military vehicle and stationery engine display, a car boot sale, a falconry display and barbecued burgers and hot dogs.
The festivities run from noon-5pm and at 2.30pm commemorative benches will be unveiled, with Sustrans and North Somerset Coucnil, to celebrate the opening of the Festival Way cycle track.
Souvenir programmes will be on sale soon, with a chance to win a cash prize and the fairground will be open from May 3-6.
You may also want to watch:
The May fair is the scout’s major fundraising project and is hugely popular, attracting crowds from across the district.
Vendors interested in taking part in the car boot sale should turn up from 10am.
- 1 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 2 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 3 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 4 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 5 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 6 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 7 Clevedon School orders year groups to self-isolate after Covid outbreak
- 8 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 9 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in North Somerset
- 10 Clevedon LTC launch new beginners groups
Any charities interested in taking part can contact Richard Simmons on 01275 857784 to book space.