Mark is the AA’s man of the year
A PETROLHEAD from Clevedon has been crowned the AA recovery patrol of the year for 2011.
Mark Vowles was handed the accolade at a recent AA employee award ceremony in London.
The 43-year-old, will now spend the next year representing the motoring organisation within the motor industry and in front of the media.
The judging began in January with local managers nominating recovery patrols who were then interviewed and whittled down to a final five.
In March, the finalists were put through an intensive day of technical and driving tests, panel interview and mock live TV interviews at the AA’s training centre in Leicestershire.
You may also want to watch:
Mark, a married father-of-three, has been with the AA for two years and has won dozens of go-karting trophies.
He said: “I was over the moon, especially as I’ve only been with the company for two years. I love helping members who find themselves in an unfortunate situation and to see the smile on their faces when we get them moving again.”
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 4 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 Portishead furniture maker features in new BBC TV series
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches