Marina effort tops �3,000
PORTISHEAD’S Festival on the Quay raised more than �3,000 for the Portishead and Bristol Lifeboat Trust.
Organisers braved torrential rain to stage the event this year, which included live music with food and drink at Portishead marina.
The event was a joint effort between Jenny Williams and The Galley, Portishead Quay Marinas, the town’s cruising club and the lifeboat.
Jenny said: “It was great that, despite the weather, so many people supported the event and we were able to hand over such a grand sum.”
The next quayside event will be a carols on the quay service at 3pm on December 9 which will raise funds for St Peter’s Hospice.
You may also want to watch:
n Pictured: John Gittings, of the Portishead & Bristol Lifeboat Trust, with Marina Day organiser Jenny Williams, Stephanie Mogg, of Quay Marinas, and Cathy Mayo, from the Galley Food Bar.
- 1 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 2 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe
- 3 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 4 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 New bike shelter opened at Weston General Hospital for Clean Air Day
- 7 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 8 Portishead Summer Show announces 2021 dates
- 9 Circus Funtasia comes to Clevedon
- 10 Plans for housing on Backwell fields take step forward