Man trapped after early morning crash
TRAFFIC was brought to a standstill this morning (Tues) after a car crash in Easton-in-Gordano left one man trapped.
Fire crews from Avonmouth and Pill were called to cut the man, believed to be in his 40s, from his Volkswagen Polo shortly after 5.15am.
He collided with a Vauxhall Cavalier in Martcombe Road, Easton-in Gordano, about 100yards from the Portbury roundabout at junction 19 of the M5.
A spokesman for Avon Fire and Rescue said once firefighters removed the roof, the man was placed on a spinal board and taken to hospital. His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
The Vauxhall driver in his 50s was able to free himself unaided and was unhurt.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed whilst emergency services cleared the wreckage but has now since reopened.
- 1 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 2 Work to start on Nailsea housing development this summer
- 3 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 4 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Sprawling country house with grounds and outbuildings
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 9 North Somerset to host hot air balloon race
- 10 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset