Man trapped after early morning crash
TRAFFIC was brought to a standstill this morning (Tues) after a car crash in Easton-in-Gordano left one man trapped.
Fire crews from Avonmouth and Pill were called to cut the man, believed to be in his 40s, from his Volkswagen Polo shortly after 5.15am.
He collided with a Vauxhall Cavalier in Martcombe Road, Easton-in Gordano, about 100yards from the Portbury roundabout at junction 19 of the M5.
A spokesman for Avon Fire and Rescue said once firefighters removed the roof, the man was placed on a spinal board and taken to hospital. His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
The Vauxhall driver in his 50s was able to free himself unaided and was unhurt.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed whilst emergency services cleared the wreckage but has now since reopened.
- 1 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 2 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 3 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 4 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 5 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 6 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 9 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?