Man arrested on suspicion of driving ‘under the influence’ after crash near Clevedon
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested this morning (Tuesday) on suspicion of driving under the influence of drink or drugs following a crash near Clevedon.
The Times reported this morning the B3124 is shut both ways from Holly Lane to Walton Street due to an accident involving two cars at around 7am.
One car was flipped on its roof and a woman was freed by fire crews.
The driver of the other car was arrested at the scene.
An Avon and Somerset police spokesman said: “Police were called just before 7am to a report of a two-car collision on the B3124 in Walton-in-Gordano.
“One of the vehicles was on its roof and the woman driver had to be freed by fire crews.
You may also want to watch:
“She was taken to hospital by ambulance with injuries which are not believed to be life-threatening or life-changing.
“The male driver of the other vehicle was arrested at the scene on suspicion of driving while under the influence of drink or drugs and remains in police custody.”
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 3 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 4 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 5 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 8 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 9 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
- 10 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
An Avon Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Crews from Avonmouth and Clevedon attended a two-vehicle road traffic collision in Walton Road.
“One vehicle was on its roof and one female casualty was trapped inside.”