Man arrested on suspicion of driving ‘under the influence’ after crash near Clevedon
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested this morning (Tuesday) on suspicion of driving under the influence of drink or drugs following a crash near Clevedon.
The Times reported this morning the B3124 is shut both ways from Holly Lane to Walton Street due to an accident involving two cars at around 7am.
One car was flipped on its roof and a woman was freed by fire crews.
The driver of the other car was arrested at the scene.
An Avon and Somerset police spokesman said: “Police were called just before 7am to a report of a two-car collision on the B3124 in Walton-in-Gordano.
“One of the vehicles was on its roof and the woman driver had to be freed by fire crews.
You may also want to watch:
“She was taken to hospital by ambulance with injuries which are not believed to be life-threatening or life-changing.
“The male driver of the other vehicle was arrested at the scene on suspicion of driving while under the influence of drink or drugs and remains in police custody.”
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 3 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 4 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 7 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 8 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 9 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 10 Clevedon United Girls under-nines pass on thanks to their sponsors
An Avon Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Crews from Avonmouth and Clevedon attended a two-vehicle road traffic collision in Walton Road.
“One vehicle was on its roof and one female casualty was trapped inside.”