Makeover for town guide hut
A PORTISHEAD guide hut has received a facelift thanks to kind-hearted businesses in the area.
The building in Church Road North, which for decades has been home to many rainbow, brownie and guide packs, has received a new kitchen and a garden makeover.
The family-run business Future Plumbing, which operates from offices in Harbour Road, offered to fit a kitchen in the hut for free, after it was donated by a local resident.
Kelly Millerchip of Future Plumbing said: “When we arrived to carry out the work, we found a few other areas that could do with some maintenance and a bit of an overhaul.
“We are committed to supporting community groups in Portishead and offered to carry out the additional work as well.”
You may also want to watch:
Clevedon’s Gelder Carpets and Portishead electrician Roger Vowles also pitched in to complete the makeover.
District commissioner Judith Yeaman said: “We can’t thank the team enough for the transformation of the guide hut. The outdoor space now looks much bigger and the guides love the kitchen so much that they now want to spend more time cooking.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 3 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway