Makeover for town guide hut
A PORTISHEAD guide hut has received a facelift thanks to kind-hearted businesses in the area.
The building in Church Road North, which for decades has been home to many rainbow, brownie and guide packs, has received a new kitchen and a garden makeover.
The family-run business Future Plumbing, which operates from offices in Harbour Road, offered to fit a kitchen in the hut for free, after it was donated by a local resident.
Kelly Millerchip of Future Plumbing said: “When we arrived to carry out the work, we found a few other areas that could do with some maintenance and a bit of an overhaul.
“We are committed to supporting community groups in Portishead and offered to carry out the additional work as well.”
You may also want to watch:
Clevedon’s Gelder Carpets and Portishead electrician Roger Vowles also pitched in to complete the makeover.
District commissioner Judith Yeaman said: “We can’t thank the team enough for the transformation of the guide hut. The outdoor space now looks much bigger and the guides love the kitchen so much that they now want to spend more time cooking.”
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Camera club wants new members to join
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel