Major Clevedon road works planned
A SERIES of Clevedon roads will be improved next month.
North Somerset Council has announced plans to carry out resurfacing works on three potholed roads in the town.
Work will start in Pizey Avenue on October 17, when temporary two-way traffic lights will be used to control traffic.
On October 18, Marson Road will also be resurfaced due to the extensive cracking in the carriageway. The road will be closed while this is done.
And finally, on October 20 work is set to start on resurfacing the whole of Old Street, which has seen its surface seriously deteriorate over recent years.
You may also want to watch:
A road closure will be implemented in two phases during the work.
Phase one will see the stretch from The Triangle to the roundabout with Highdale Avenue closed. This phase will be carried out as soon as possible to reduce the impact on local businesses.
- 1 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 2 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 3 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 4 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 5 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 8 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 9 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 10 How to order free Covid home tests
In phase two, the section of Old Street from the roundabout with Highdale Avenue to the junction with Highdale Road will be closed. This second phase will be carried out to coincide with the school holidays.
Some footway works will take place at the entrance to Clevedon Cottage Hospital but both the hospital and Clevedon Health Centre opposite will be open as usual.