Lucie gives sick children her hair
A BIG-HEARTED Backwell schoolgirl was so saddened by images of young children with no hair on the internet she is giving them hers.
Five-year-old Lucie Caines is donating eight inches of her blonde locks to the Princess Trust, which makes wigs for sick children, during a sponsored hair cut organised by her mother Laura-Beth.
The 31-year-old mum-of-two said: “I explained to her that the little girl was poorly and it meant all her hair had fallen out and Lucie straight off asked if she could give her some of hers.
“We have to make more people aware that there are so many ways to help these children rather than just clicking the like button on Facebook.
“My good friend, Kelly Spinks, who owns Iconic in Nailsea is happy to do free hair cuts for anyone who wants to help.”
You may also want to watch:
Lucie, who attends West Leigh Infant School, has already enlisted four friends to shed their tresses with her from 10am-4pm on September 23.
Donations can be made via www.justgiving.de/Laura-Beth-Caines or brought to the Station Road salon on the day.
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 3 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 Woodspring Women in hunt for new players over the age of 16 to join their side
- 10 North Somerset Stars lose out to Cheltenham rivals
Anyone who wants to take part can turn up and join in or contact Laura-Beth via firstname.lastname@example.org