Lucie gives sick children her hair
A BIG-HEARTED Backwell schoolgirl was so saddened by images of young children with no hair on the internet she is giving them hers.
Five-year-old Lucie Caines is donating eight inches of her blonde locks to the Princess Trust, which makes wigs for sick children, during a sponsored hair cut organised by her mother Laura-Beth.
The 31-year-old mum-of-two said: “I explained to her that the little girl was poorly and it meant all her hair had fallen out and Lucie straight off asked if she could give her some of hers.
“We have to make more people aware that there are so many ways to help these children rather than just clicking the like button on Facebook.
“My good friend, Kelly Spinks, who owns Iconic in Nailsea is happy to do free hair cuts for anyone who wants to help.”
You may also want to watch:
Lucie, who attends West Leigh Infant School, has already enlisted four friends to shed their tresses with her from 10am-4pm on September 23.
Donations can be made via www.justgiving.de/Laura-Beth-Caines or brought to the Station Road salon on the day.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 3 Nailsea & Tickenham maintain unbeaten start with comfortable win over Chard
- 4 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 5 North Somerset Arts Week is huge success
- 6 School athletics tracks gets eco-friendly floodlight boost
- 7 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 8 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 9 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season
Anyone who wants to take part can turn up and join in or contact Laura-Beth via email@example.com