'Lovely' Emma died of accidental overdose

PUBLISHED: 13:00 16 September 2015

Emma Grace

Emma Grace


A mum has paid tribute to her 'wonderful' daughter who died of an accidental drug overdose at the age of 32.

Emma Grace, of Old Street in Clevedon, was found dead at her flat by her dad on May 17.

A post mortem found the cause of her death was due to acute toxic effects of methadone and cocaine.

An inquest into her death at Flax Bourton Coroner’s Court on September 10, the court was told Emma suffered from mental health problems which were triggered by the death of her grandfather when she was 15.

Emma’s GP confirmed she was prescribed anti-depressants at 15 but developed a heroin addiction at 26 which she had been battling to beat.

She was referred to drug and alcohol treatment charity Addaction and was being prescribed methadone to help with her addictions to crack cocaine, heroin and alcohol.

A statement from Kerri Seabrook at Addaction stated Emma’s engagement with the charity had improved over the past two years, she had stopped drinking and was planning for the future.

Assistant coroner Peter Harrowing ruled Emma’s death as accidental.

Speaking after the inquest, Emma’s mum Linda, from Easton-in-Gordano, said: “She was such a lovely person and kind to everybody and she loved animals.

“She was a wonderful girl. She was just vulnerable.”

Her brother Kerry Grace added: “She developed OCD after her grandfather died.

“She was a lovely girl, but very vulnerable due to her mental health and unfortunately a couple of bad lads, who were drug addicts, led her down the path to drug addiction which she never fully recovered from, although she was trying very hard.”

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the North Somerset Times

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists