Could Long Ashton Library open next year?
- Credit: Archant
A parish council library group has been working round-the-clock on plans to open an additional service in Long Ashton.
North Somerset Council closed the village library in December, and now the committee is step closer to revealing when the new facility may open.
Councillor Stuart McQuillan said: "We would look to supplement, not replace, the mobile library service, which serves the community centre on Tuesdays and Fridays.
"A small committee is working with the parish on these plans, and there's great spirit in Long Ashton to get ideas in motion.
"We're working to get the library open by spring next year and we're looking for volunteers to run it.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm very appreciative of members of the parish, as there are three to four of us working on this project."
For more information about the project, visit www.longashton parishcouncil.gov.uk
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 3 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 4 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 7 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 8 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 9 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 10 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'