Community centre enjoys disco night success
- Credit: Ruth McAllister Kemp
Villagers partied the night away at a disco this month.
Revellers flocked to Long Ashton Community Centre, in Keedwell Hill, nearly five months after the first event was held in April.
DJs Pete and Ben drew crowds of people to the dancefloor, and the disco was described as 'another great evening' and 'raving' by enthusiastic partygoers.
Event organiser, Ruth McAllister Kemp, said: "Long Ashton Disco Night Two was another huge success.
"The DJs had the crowd up and dancing until late into the night and played an irresistible mix of euphoric house, old-skool rave and soulful funk.
You may also want to watch:
"People from across the village enjoyed the night's professional bar, high-quality sound system and outstanding light show, and included our mirror ball.
"The disco raised around £100, which will go to the Long Ashton Community Association, which helps keep the hub running in the village."
- 1 Council's Clevedon offices could be redeveloped
- 2 Care home staff ensure Portishead couple enjoy romantic meal in lockdown
- 3 Clevedon Co-op to close temporarily
- 4 Charity available to help villagers during coronavirus crisis
- 5 Financial support extended for North Somerset businesses
- 6 Council tax to increase for 'most exciting council budget in 18 years'
- 7 Controlled explosion carried out at nature reserve
- 8 Portishead residents facing skyrocketing costs due to unsafe cladding
- 9 Council to focus on making community 'better and stronger' post Covid
- 10 No deaths from coronavirus in one area of North Somerset