Town councillor elected to Portishead South Ward
- Credit: Portishead Town Council
A town councillor has been elected to Portishead Town Council.
Portishead Independents candidate Paul Churchill has been elected to Portishead Town Council in the South Ward by-election on 7 October.
Paul, who was born in North Weston and lives there now with his family, is a service delivery manager, managing global IT contracts.
Paul said: “Huge thanks to all the residents of Portishead South Ward who took the time to vote either by post or in person on the day, also to family and friends who supported me during the campaign.
"The hard work starts now, I will be the voice for those causes we feel so passionate about here and now and to listen to and support, both now and in the future the people and groups of Portishead South Ward and the wider community for the benefit of us all."
Chairman of Portishead Town Council, Cllr Patricia Sterndale, said: “We are delighted to welcome Paul to the team.
"His background, experience and enthusiasm will add yet another dimension to the already diverse mix of Portishead Independent Councillors whose united purpose is to make Portishead a better place for everyone."
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 3 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 4 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 5 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 6 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 7 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 8 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 9 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained