Seed swap launched in Nailsea
- Credit: Clare Cox
A new seed swap has been launched in Nailsea to support keen gardeners.
Nailsea Town Council is running the group from Number 65, in the High Street.
A council spokesman said: "People responded to Nailsea Town Council's ask of what to do with the telephone box we bought on the High Street with the suggestion of a seed swap, so we thought it might be a good idea for No 65.
"We want people to enjoy the wellbeing benefits of growing flowers and vegetables so we'll have a selection of seeds and small seedlings on display for people to take and enjoy growing."
People are being encouraged to take along any spare and unopened seed packets and any small seedlings which they can swap.
Seed Swap@65 opened yesterday (Monday). People can pop in from 9.30am-4pm on Monday to Thursday and from 9.30am-1pm on Fridays.
- 1 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 2 Work to start on Nailsea housing development this summer
- 3 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 4 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 5 Sprawling country house with grounds and outbuildings
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 9 North Somerset to host hot air balloon race
- 10 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset