Seed swap launched in Nailsea
- Credit: Clare Cox
A new seed swap has been launched in Nailsea to support keen gardeners.
Nailsea Town Council is running the group from Number 65, in the High Street.
A council spokesman said: "People responded to Nailsea Town Council's ask of what to do with the telephone box we bought on the High Street with the suggestion of a seed swap, so we thought it might be a good idea for No 65.
"We want people to enjoy the wellbeing benefits of growing flowers and vegetables so we'll have a selection of seeds and small seedlings on display for people to take and enjoy growing."
People are being encouraged to take along any spare and unopened seed packets and any small seedlings which they can swap.
Seed Swap@65 opened yesterday (Monday). People can pop in from 9.30am-4pm on Monday to Thursday and from 9.30am-1pm on Fridays.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 3 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 4 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 5 Nailsea & Tickenham maintain unbeaten start with comfortable win over Chard
- 6 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 7 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
- 10 Nailsea & Backwell RFC thrash Stothert & Pitt to make it four wins from four