Lifeguards needed to keep pool open
TRUSTEES at Portishead Open Air Pool are appealing for more lifeguards to help them maintain their opening hours until the end of the season.
The pool is due to close on September 23 but many of the 2012 lifeguards were students who have returned to college or university in recent weeks, which has left the seafront amenity with a staff shortfall.
A minimum of two lifeguards are required on duty at all times and so unless more come forward to cover the final two weeks, the opening hours will have to be cut.
The pool has had another successful season with about 30,000 visitors using the facility this year and next year it will be looking at running its own lifeguard training school to ensure it has sufficient qualified personnel.
Any qualified lifeguards willing to help out in the final two weeks of the season should contact poolmanager@portishead openairpool.org.uk or ring Ann Hailwood on 07813 095126.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, people planning to visit the pool are advised to visit the website www.portisheadopenairpool.org.uk to check for revised opening times.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 6 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 8 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign