Life-saving dog meets the Hoff
A LIFE-SAVING dog met a former TV lifeguard to promote a North Somerset charity’s fundraising appeal.
Whizz the Newfoundland dog came face to face with David Hasselhoff during a visit to the Bristol Hippodrome where the former Baywatch star is appearing in pantomime.
Whizz is owned by David and Gean Pugh from Clapton-in-Gordano, founders of the charity Newfound Friends which sees Newfoundland dogs take part in fundraising days by demonstrating their life-saving skills in water.
The charity has launched an appeal to help raise money for Bristol Children’s Hospital, which has treated a young member of Newfound Friends, Tol Taylor, for leukaemia.
To help raise money, Newfound Friends will be at Portishead Marina on July 14 when people can sign up to be rescued from the water by one of the dogs.
You may also want to watch:
For more details visit www.newfoundfriends.co.uk
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 4 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 8 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style