Life-saving dog meets the Hoff
A LIFE-SAVING dog met a former TV lifeguard to promote a North Somerset charity’s fundraising appeal.
Whizz the Newfoundland dog came face to face with David Hasselhoff during a visit to the Bristol Hippodrome where the former Baywatch star is appearing in pantomime.
Whizz is owned by David and Gean Pugh from Clapton-in-Gordano, founders of the charity Newfound Friends which sees Newfoundland dogs take part in fundraising days by demonstrating their life-saving skills in water.
The charity has launched an appeal to help raise money for Bristol Children’s Hospital, which has treated a young member of Newfound Friends, Tol Taylor, for leukaemia.
To help raise money, Newfound Friends will be at Portishead Marina on July 14 when people can sign up to be rescued from the water by one of the dogs.
You may also want to watch:
For more details visit www.newfoundfriends.co.uk
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe