Life-saving dog meets the Hoff
A LIFE-SAVING dog met a former TV lifeguard to promote a North Somerset charity’s fundraising appeal.
Whizz the Newfoundland dog came face to face with David Hasselhoff during a visit to the Bristol Hippodrome where the former Baywatch star is appearing in pantomime.
Whizz is owned by David and Gean Pugh from Clapton-in-Gordano, founders of the charity Newfound Friends which sees Newfoundland dogs take part in fundraising days by demonstrating their life-saving skills in water.
The charity has launched an appeal to help raise money for Bristol Children’s Hospital, which has treated a young member of Newfound Friends, Tol Taylor, for leukaemia.
To help raise money, Newfound Friends will be at Portishead Marina on July 14 when people can sign up to be rescued from the water by one of the dogs.
You may also want to watch:
For more details visit www.newfoundfriends.co.uk
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon