Liam Fox should replace David Cameron as Prime Minister, says Nigel Farage
- Credit: PA
Ukip leader Nigel Farage believes North Somerset MP Liam Fox could replace David Cameron as Prime Minister.
Mr Cameron has announced this morning (Friday) he will step down as the country’s leader after heading the campaign for the UK to remain within the EU,
However, the country voted to leave the EU, with North Somerset voting the same.
Mr Farage told Good Morning Britain today (Friday) that three candidates should replace Mr Cameron.
Mr Farage told Piers Morgan that Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and Mr Fox were the best candidates going forward to replace the Prime Minister. All three campaigned for the UK to leave the EU.
Speaking to the national media, he said: “This has been one hell of a journey.
“There are 17million who have voted for Brexit – it is a win for ordinary people.
“We now need a Brexit government.”
- 1 Portishead teachers WILL strike over workload dispute
- 2 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 3 Residents fear new homes between Nailsea and Backwell could 'open the floodgates'
- 4 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 5 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 6 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 7 Contemporary four-bedroom home packed with latest tech
- 8 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 9 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
- 10 Weston bathing water rated 'poor' and swimming discouraged