Late night town chemist
PEOPLE in Nailsea will soon be able to access a late night pharmacy in their town.
Tower House Pharmacy, at Tower House Medical Centre in Stock Way South, will be opening on December 13 so patients will no longer have to travel to Clevedon to pick up prescriptions outside of office hours.
Practice manager Carole Brooke said: “Right from the start it will be open for 100 hours per week so no more dashing up to Clevedon for your prescription if you have a late appointment with the doctor.
“We will undoubtedly be asking for your feedback a few months later, but we truly hope it will become a real asset to the community.”
A pharmacy manager has already been recruited and two other pharmacists will also help to cover the opening ours, which will be 7am-10.30pm from Monday to Saturday and from 10am-5pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The pharmacy is also hoping to introduce electronic prescriptions in the future, to save paper, and will be offering a home delivery service for people who find it difficult to get out of the house.
The pharmacy will have individual treatment rooms, staff will offer blood pressure checks, minor illness advice and help to stop smoking.
- 1 Plans for housing on Backwell fields take step forward
- 2 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 3 Clevedon man to cycle 'own Tour De France' for breast cancer charity
- 4 Popular community centre café closes
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 Circus Zyair is coming to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Events taking place across North Somerset
- 8 Hundreds take part in sponsored walk to raise money for charities
- 9 Valley Fest to go ahead with Texas as headliner
- 10 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts