Kelsey Grammer visits Portishead
A HOLLYWOOD A-lister was seen sipping coffee in a Portishead cafe.
Kelsey Grammer, most famous for his role as Dr Frasier Crane in the US comedy Frasier, delighted staff and customers when he popped into Costa Coffee in Portishead for a drink.
Kelsey was in town visiting the family of his new wife Kayte Walsh and the couple spent time signing autographs and posing for photographs.
Franchise owner Lynn Montgomery said: “I was busy serving when I looked up to see Kelsey in the queue. It was a fantastic surprise as my husband and I watch Frasier every morning, with that day being no exception.
“When it was his turn I said ‘good afternoon Dr Crane is it the usual macchiato today?’ as that is what his character drinks on the show. We had a little laugh and he was a great sport.
You may also want to watch:
“I was very impressed with how friendly and warm he was with all of the staff and customers. He will be the first to go on our wall of fame, but hopefully not the last.” Lynn, along with husband Stuart, runs three Costa Coffees in the area and the pair hope to open two more in the near future.
- 1 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 6 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 7 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon return to top of WEPL table with win over Lansdown
- 10 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse