Kelsey Grammer visits Portishead
A HOLLYWOOD A-lister was seen sipping coffee in a Portishead cafe.
Kelsey Grammer, most famous for his role as Dr Frasier Crane in the US comedy Frasier, delighted staff and customers when he popped into Costa Coffee in Portishead for a drink.
Kelsey was in town visiting the family of his new wife Kayte Walsh and the couple spent time signing autographs and posing for photographs.
Franchise owner Lynn Montgomery said: “I was busy serving when I looked up to see Kelsey in the queue. It was a fantastic surprise as my husband and I watch Frasier every morning, with that day being no exception.
“When it was his turn I said ‘good afternoon Dr Crane is it the usual macchiato today?’ as that is what his character drinks on the show. We had a little laugh and he was a great sport.
“I was very impressed with how friendly and warm he was with all of the staff and customers. He will be the first to go on our wall of fame, but hopefully not the last.” Lynn, along with husband Stuart, runs three Costa Coffees in the area and the pair hope to open two more in the near future.
- 1 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 2 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 3 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 4 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 7 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 8 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns