Kelsey Grammer visits Portishead
A HOLLYWOOD A-lister was seen sipping coffee in a Portishead cafe.
Kelsey Grammer, most famous for his role as Dr Frasier Crane in the US comedy Frasier, delighted staff and customers when he popped into Costa Coffee in Portishead for a drink.
Kelsey was in town visiting the family of his new wife Kayte Walsh and the couple spent time signing autographs and posing for photographs.
Franchise owner Lynn Montgomery said: “I was busy serving when I looked up to see Kelsey in the queue. It was a fantastic surprise as my husband and I watch Frasier every morning, with that day being no exception.
“When it was his turn I said ‘good afternoon Dr Crane is it the usual macchiato today?’ as that is what his character drinks on the show. We had a little laugh and he was a great sport.
You may also want to watch:
“I was very impressed with how friendly and warm he was with all of the staff and customers. He will be the first to go on our wall of fame, but hopefully not the last.” Lynn, along with husband Stuart, runs three Costa Coffees in the area and the pair hope to open two more in the near future.
- 1 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 2 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 3 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 4 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 5 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 8 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 9 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 10 How to order free Covid home tests