Kathleen celebrates a century
- Credit: Archant
FAMILY members surrounded a great-grandmother as she marked her 100th birthday.
Kathleen Harper reached the milestone on January 8 and a celebration was held at Mount Elton Nursing Home in Clevedon, where she has lived for the past four years.
Kathleen was born in Stoke Bishop as the only child to Virtue and Harold Clark. When she was four, her father was killed in World War One, which meant she and her mother experienced a hard few years without the main breadwinner.
Kathleen attended Stoke Bishop School and later Clarks College before joining Van Dyke Printers in Park Row as a secretary.
She married her childhood sweetheart, Cyril Harper, in 1936.
You may also want to watch:
They lived in Bristol prior to moving to Crockerne Drive in Pill where they spent many happy years.
Kathleen has a son Paul, aged 72, and a daughter Ruth, aged 67, as well as three grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
- 1 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 2 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 3 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 4 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 5 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 6 PICTURES: Backwell School throws leavers festival
- 7 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 8 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 9 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
- 10 ‘You’ve been flamingoed!”