Jubilee picnic planned
A COMMUNITY picnic to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee is being planned by Backwell Parish Council for June 2.
Organised by a five-strong council working party, music, stalls, bouncy castle, face painting, children’s competitions and games such as skittles and beat the goalie will entertain residents, at the playing fields, from 2-6pm.
Backwell Environment Trust, The Village Club, Fairtrade Caf�, Sustainable Backwell, All Churches Together and the residents association have already signed up for the event.
The council wants to hear from anyone who would like to get involved, from setting up a stall to being able to help on the day.
It can be contacted at the Parish Hall, by calling 01275 464653 or emailing email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile the village’s Jubilee Stone will be inscribed to commemorate the occasion, with a blessing planned for June 4.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 3 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Green light for active travel scheme
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 9 Charming period house with pretty gardens and coastal views
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week