Jubilee picnic planned
A COMMUNITY picnic to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee is being planned by Backwell Parish Council for June 2.
Organised by a five-strong council working party, music, stalls, bouncy castle, face painting, children’s competitions and games such as skittles and beat the goalie will entertain residents, at the playing fields, from 2-6pm.
Backwell Environment Trust, The Village Club, Fairtrade Caf�, Sustainable Backwell, All Churches Together and the residents association have already signed up for the event.
The council wants to hear from anyone who would like to get involved, from setting up a stall to being able to help on the day.
It can be contacted at the Parish Hall, by calling 01275 464653 or emailing email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile the village’s Jubilee Stone will be inscribed to commemorate the occasion, with a blessing planned for June 4.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style