Join in the scarecrow fun
PEOPLE with a creative flair are being encouraged to take part in this year’s Walton-in-Gordano Scarecrow Festival.
Each year, residents show off scarecrows they have made in their front gardens and community groups, businesses and people living in the surrounding towns and villages are invited to join in, displaying their creations around the village.
This year the event takes place over the weekend of May 21-22 when visitors are invited to act as judges by walking around scoring the scarecrows and helping to choose the winning entries.
Prizes will be given for the best scarecrow in each of the two participating age group categories: juniors aged up to 12 and seniors for 13 years and over.
Judging forms costing �1 each and maps will be available from the village hall on the B3124 Clevedon to Portishead road, throughout the weekend where there will also be refreshments, a plant sale, a tombola and sweet stall.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised will be split between the Village Hall Fund and St Paul’s Church.
The theme for this year’s festival is Scarecrows on Holiday. To find out more call Floss on 01275 340419.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 7 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 8 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead