Join in the scarecrow fun
PEOPLE with a creative flair are being encouraged to take part in this year’s Walton-in-Gordano Scarecrow Festival.
Each year, residents show off scarecrows they have made in their front gardens and community groups, businesses and people living in the surrounding towns and villages are invited to join in, displaying their creations around the village.
This year the event takes place over the weekend of May 21-22 when visitors are invited to act as judges by walking around scoring the scarecrows and helping to choose the winning entries.
Prizes will be given for the best scarecrow in each of the two participating age group categories: juniors aged up to 12 and seniors for 13 years and over.
Judging forms costing �1 each and maps will be available from the village hall on the B3124 Clevedon to Portishead road, throughout the weekend where there will also be refreshments, a plant sale, a tombola and sweet stall.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised will be split between the Village Hall Fund and St Paul’s Church.
The theme for this year’s festival is Scarecrows on Holiday. To find out more call Floss on 01275 340419.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week