Jennie runs for The Willow Foundation
- Credit: Archant
A PORTISHEAD mum will take on the London Marathon this weekend in aid of a charity supporting seriously ill adults.
Jennie Davies is raising money for The Willow Foundation, which provides special days out for seriously ill people aged from 16-40.
It is a cause her father, former Coronation Street actor Johnny Briggs, has supported for some time.
Jennie, aged 34 and a mum-of-two, said: “Since dad relocated from Manchester to Portishead I have learned more about the foundation.
“It is a small charity set up by an ex-footballer who realised there are lots of charities that cater for the old and the young but not for the ages in between.
You may also want to watch:
“They do such amazing work and I want to raise awareness of that.”
Sunday’s marathon follows on from Jennie completing the Bristol Half Marathon last year. The Fennel Road resident has also taken part in a number of 10k running events in aid of charities including Penny Brohn Cancer Care in Pill.
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 3 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 4 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 5 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe
She began her training for the 26-mile challenge at the start of the year and has been giving herself just one day off per week from her rigorous regime of running, pilates and sessions on a cross-trainer.
Jennie, who works for Lloyds TSB in Bristol, added: “I have completed two 20-mile runs from my front door, into Bristol and back again.
“I never thought I would ever be able to run for 20 miles.”
Jennie hopes to raise at least £2,000 for The Willow Foundation.
Anyone wishing to sponsor her can do so online at www.justgiving.com/jenniedavies27