Jeni’s capital marathon
- Credit: JCL Photography
A MUM-of-two from Nailsea is busy training for the London Marathon.
Jeni Davis, who works as a crime scene investigator for Avon and Somerset Constabulary, is running the course for Shine Together, which raises money for Southmead and Frenchay hospitals in Bristol.
Jeni’s children Charlotte, aged seven, and Alistair, aged five, have been helping her to train by cycling beside her on their bikes.
She said: “It’s been my lifelong ambition to run a marathon. I’m nervous, but it’s also made me realise what I’m capable of.” Jeni is also holding a three-hour aerobathon at Scotch Horn Leisure Centre in Nailsea on March 9 to raise money for the cause.
Anyone interested in joining the fun can buy tickets from Jeni on 07834 452545 or on the door.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Jeni visit www.justgiving.com/Jeni-Davis
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 3 Nailsea & Tickenham maintain unbeaten start with comfortable win over Chard
- 4 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 5 North Somerset Arts Week is huge success
- 6 School athletics tracks gets eco-friendly floodlight boost
- 7 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 8 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 9 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season