Jeni’s capital marathon
- Credit: JCL Photography
A MUM-of-two from Nailsea is busy training for the London Marathon.
Jeni Davis, who works as a crime scene investigator for Avon and Somerset Constabulary, is running the course for Shine Together, which raises money for Southmead and Frenchay hospitals in Bristol.
Jeni’s children Charlotte, aged seven, and Alistair, aged five, have been helping her to train by cycling beside her on their bikes.
She said: “It’s been my lifelong ambition to run a marathon. I’m nervous, but it’s also made me realise what I’m capable of.” Jeni is also holding a three-hour aerobathon at Scotch Horn Leisure Centre in Nailsea on March 9 to raise money for the cause.
Anyone interested in joining the fun can buy tickets from Jeni on 07834 452545 or on the door.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Jeni visit www.justgiving.com/Jeni-Davis
- 1 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 2 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe
- 3 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 4 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 New bike shelter opened at Weston General Hospital for Clean Air Day
- 7 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 8 Portishead Summer Show announces 2021 dates
- 9 Circus Funtasia comes to Clevedon
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset