Jemma becomes Springboard patron
A BBC weathergirl has become a patron for a North Somerset children’s charity.
Jemma Cooper, who has been the weather presenter for BBC Points West for three years, has agreed to take on the role with Springboard Opportunity Group.
The charity has dedicated centres in Clevedon and Weston from which it provides structured play sessions for children aged under five with additional needs.
It also provides a lot of help, advice and support to the children’s families.
Jemma, who lives in Portishead and has organised the town’s carnival for nine years, said: “My links with the charity go back several years as it has always had a stall at the carnival and we give them grants from the proceeds.
You may also want to watch:
“Having seen the fantastic work at their nursery in Clevedon and hearing all about the centre in Weston I couldn’t be more pleased to lend my support.”
To find out more about Springboard visit the website www.springboardweb.org.uk
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 3 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Green light for active travel scheme
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 9 Charming period house with pretty gardens and coastal views
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week