Jemma becomes Springboard patron
A BBC weathergirl has become a patron for a North Somerset children’s charity.
Jemma Cooper, who has been the weather presenter for BBC Points West for three years, has agreed to take on the role with Springboard Opportunity Group.
The charity has dedicated centres in Clevedon and Weston from which it provides structured play sessions for children aged under five with additional needs.
It also provides a lot of help, advice and support to the children’s families.
Jemma, who lives in Portishead and has organised the town’s carnival for nine years, said: “My links with the charity go back several years as it has always had a stall at the carnival and we give them grants from the proceeds.
You may also want to watch:
“Having seen the fantastic work at their nursery in Clevedon and hearing all about the centre in Weston I couldn’t be more pleased to lend my support.”
To find out more about Springboard visit the website www.springboardweb.org.uk
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 4 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 Portishead furniture maker features in new BBC TV series
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches