Jaw broken in nightclub assault
- Credit: Archant
AN ARGUMENT which escalated into an assault outside a Clevedon nightspot resulted in a man suffering a broken jaw.
The incident happened in the car park of Vibe nightclub in the early hours of January 27 and now police are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
At about 3am, the victim and a friend approached a group of three men stood next to a silver hatchback car, who they asked for a lift. However, the discussion developed into an argument.
The victim was assaulted by one of the men, causing him facial injuries, before he fell to the floor and was kicked by the other two.
He was taken to Weston General Hospital the next day and then sent to Bristol Royal Infirmary for treatment for a broken jaw.
You may also want to watch:
He also suffered bruising to his body and legs but was allowed home the following day.
The first suspect is described as a mixed heritage man, between 5ft 9in and 5ft 11ins tall, of slim to medium build and in his early 20s. He had short dark hair but was almost bald and was wearing a dark top with white writing or a logo on the front.
- 1 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 2 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 3 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 4 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 5 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 6 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 7 Clevedon School orders year groups to self-isolate after Covid outbreak
- 8 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 9 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in North Somerset
- 10 Clevedon LTC launch new beginners groups
The two other suspects were described as white men in their early 20s. One was of medium build and height with short, blond, spiky hair and he was wearing jeans.
The other man was of slim build, about 5ft 10ins tall with black hair and was wearing a white shirt and jeans.
Police believe there were many people leaving the Davis Lane club at the time of the assault who have valuable information to help with their investigation.
Anyone with information should call Weston CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.