It’s the month to Love Your Air Ambulance
- Credit: GWAAC
THE air ambulance charity which covers North Somerset has made a renewed appeal for donations as it tries to fund a new helicopter.
Great Western Air Ambulance Charity (GWAAC) launched its Movin’ on Up campaign last summer in a bid to raise £250,000, which will be used to lease a new modern helicopter.
And February has been labelled Love Your Air Ambulance month as GWAAC tries to close in on its target.
The charity wants to lease a Eurocopter EC 135 helicopter which would enable critical care teams to reach emergency scenes faster, allow more equipment on board and give space for a passenger to accompany a patient.
The charity’s current Bölkow 105 helicopter was designed in the 1960s and a charity spokesman said there is a ‘very real danger’ it will soon be too old to use.
You may also want to watch:
John Christensen, the charity’s chief executive, said: “During February, we are encouraging local businesses, schools and community groups to love their air ambulance by wearing red or pink for a dress down day, by holding a raffle of a heart-themed cake sale.
“The air ambulance attends, on average, one cardiac arrest per day. With hearts and love normally at the forefront of people’s minds during February as a result of Valentine’s Day, we thought it would be the perfect time to remind the 2.1 million people of our region that in order to keep operating our charity relies on their support.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 3 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 4 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 5 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 6 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 7 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
- 8 Nailsea & Backwell RFC thrash Stothert & Pitt to make it four wins from four
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season
“You never know when you might need us, and that’s why it’s so important for people to support our cause.”
For more information on the Love Your Air Ambulance month contact Emma Carter on 03034 444999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org